Thursday, June 21, 2012

June 21, 2012 - Clouds


























It's a minor miracle that I finished this one on time.  Over the past few weeks I got really
busy and kind of stymied about what to paint next.  And actually, this one really isn't even a
painting- it's  pastel on canvas.  I like the way it turned out but my procrastination level hit an
all-time high with this one. I did it at the last minute and didn't put as much time into it as I
would have liked.  I probably shouldn't admit that, but sometimes I say too much.  In my
last post I spoke about wanting to move in a more imaginative direction but when faced
with what that would be I found myself stuck.  I feel like I'm on the cusp of some kind of
turning point in my art but haven't formulated what that's going to be yet.  It's like I can feel
it, but can't see it.  In the meantime, I've been thinking of doing a cloud study so that's what
this is.

Painting #11
18" x 24"
pastel on canvas

 

No comments:

Post a Comment