Thursday, January 17, 2013

January 17, 2013 - Chilly


























This painting is based on a drawing I did in my daily series- it's called "Chilly".  I decided to do it
for the simple reason that it's been really cold down here in LA.  I know our weather is nothing
compared to other places, but for here it was freezing.  I always talk about how much I like the
cold being from Northern California, but the truth was that I was complaining along with everyone
else.  This is my second to last painting actually, and as I come to the end of this project, I find
myself thinking about what it's been like to do two back to back projects.

This project was an interesting one for me.  I thought it would get me out of the box and help me
start working larger and looser.  It really didn't though.  I found myself doing these paintings like I
did my little drawings- just bigger.  I would consider it in this case, a transitional project rather
than the transformative one I thought it might be.  What I think I need to do now, with all these
paintings and drawings under my belt is take a break, finish my website and get my work out into
the world.   

Painting #26
11" x 14"
Mixed Media on clayboard

No comments:

Post a Comment