Thursday, February 16, 2012

February 16, 2012 - Donkey


































Second painting.  A bit bigger than the last one- this is 16" x 20".  Still using
a mixed media approach- combining paint and pencil.  I'm not really a purist and
have always preferred this method.  I actually did a drawing of this one during my
daily drawing project, but liked it so much I knew I'd translate it into a painting.
This is a picture of a donkey that belongs to 2 of my good friends in Northern Cal.

It's been really weird for me doing a painting every two weeks instead of a drawing
every day.  Though I have to say the timing is exceptional- my life has been really
busy in other ways so doing a daily drawing would be tough right now.  I still
miss it and all, but for now- less is better.  It allows me to explore other areas in my
life.  I still walk around with a vague but persistent feeling of slothfulness though and
have to remind myself that it's ok to not produce something every day and that this
actually allows me to have more of a life balance.  Which is good thing.  Right?  Yes.
Absolutely.

Painting #2



2 comments:

  1. MaryBeth,
    Beautiful Paintings. I'm glad I stumbled upon your first Blog of A Painting A Day, which I spent a few hours reading and veiwing your artwork. TFS your talent! Happy Art! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DW Peot,

      Thanks so much for taking the time to look at my daily drawings, paintings and for your nice comments! I appreciate it very much. Have a wonderful day!

      MaryBeth

      Delete