Thursday, April 26, 2012

April 26, 2012 - Wayfarer


























I think this might be the smallest painting I've done since high school- it's only 8" x 10".  This was
sort of by accident really- I've been working on a mixed media surface called "clayboard" and my
local art supply store had only one panel left, which was this size.  I admittedly consider it more of
an illustration rather than a painting because it's so little.   I was also going to name this one "Flight"
then realized that's what I called last week's painting.  Duh.  So instead, I thought of wayfarer or
traveler because that's what this bird appears to be doing.  I daydream about being a wayfarer often-
of just setting out and meandering around the world seeing and experiencing things for the rest of
my life.  But although I dream of doing this, I admittedly like day to day routine.   I'm about 50/50
on this one- I want adventure, but I like stability.  I guess I'll just have to figure out a way to do
both.  And really, I guess it's just a matter of perception.  We can infuse adventure into everyday
life just as we can add stability to travel if that is our desire.

Painting #7
8" x 10"
mixed media

No comments:

Post a Comment