Thursday, September 27, 2012

September 27, 2012 - Third Time's a Charm


























This is the third time I've worked with this image hence the title.  It's a photograph I took while
visiting my parents in Shelter Cove.  I've always loved this image.  I did a painting of this the
first time for a solo exhibition I had called "Treescapes".  It was one of the first paintings I did in
the series that ended up selling.  While I was glad to have found a home for it, I admittedly kind
of missed it.  So I did a small drawing of it during my daily drawing project which looks really
similar to this.  Then I decided I wanted a painting of it to hang in my house so I did another
version than the one I sold and here it is.  I've worked with the shape of this tree so much that I almost have it memorized.  I really like this painting- I think it's magical.  I was going to work
with collage this week but I just wasn't in the mood.  Maybe next time.  For now, this will have to
suffice. 

Painting #18
16" x 20"
Mixed Media on board

No comments:

Post a Comment