Thursday, October 11, 2012

October 11, 2012 - Grasshopper



























I did a drawing of this grasshopper in my daily drawing series.  It was really fun to translate it into
a painting.  I worked on it from looking at my initial drawing and it was interesting to translate my
own work into, well, my own work again in a larger format.  It was a nice technical piece to get
me away from my recently discovered indecision about what kind of work I want to create.  I have
a tendency to overthink my art.  Didn't I learn anything from my daily drawing project?  When
I did that, I didn't have time to question my work and what I was going to do- I simply did it.  With
this bi-monthly project, I've harkened back to the olden days of overthinking and questioning  everything I do thats art related.  Silly things like:  Is this good enough?  Will people like it?  What
am I doing?  Do I have a direction?  A theme?  Is this art?  And so on.  I wonder if now that I've just realized this as I've been typing that this will change in the future.  I guess that's up to me.

Painting #19
16" x 20"
Mixed Media on board

No comments:

Post a Comment